People like to keep ferrets as pets because they are small, fun-loving and active animals. They are intellectual, and it is often suggested to buy ferrets in a pair to keep them happy and playful. When it comes to the hygiene of the ferrets, they are low maintenance and don’t need frequent baths. But if you feel that your pet is dirty and needs a bath, then there are a lot of shampoos for ferrets available in the market today. These shampoos are affordable, convenient and easy to use. It is advisable to use ferret shampoos specifically as they are designed for them keeping their requirements in mind. All the shampoos are gentle and do not harm your pet or cause allergies.
If you want to know how often do you need to bathe a ferret along with all the best ferret shampoo options, then keep reading this article.
Best Ferret Shampoo
1. Pro Pet Works Natural Oatmeal Ferret Shampoo + Conditioner
This Oatmeal dog shampoo is specially formulated for pets having allergies to food, grass and flea bites. It has aloe vera and almonds oil which helps in balancing the pH. This shampoo is recommended for dogs having sensitive or itchy skin. Pro Pet Works natural shampoo works best for the humid and unstable climate. Aloe vera in the shampoo keeps the skin hydrated and also protects the skin from UV damage.
- This shampoo is paraben-free and sulfate-free.
- It also has all-natural ingredients and doesn’t contain alcohol.
- The shampoo is enriched with essential vitamins such as vitamin A, vitamin D and vitamin E.
- It is suited for other pets such as dogs, cats, etc.
- It is recommended for healthy skin and coat.
2. 8 in 1 FerretSheen Deodorizing Ferret Shampoo
If you wish to eliminate all the odors from your little one, then this shampoo is ideal for it. This 8 in 1 Ferret Sheen shampoo is the top-rated deodorizing shampoo for the ferret. The unique formulation of the shampoo helps in conditioning the skin as well. It leaves a fresh scent that lingers for a long time.
- This shampoo has microencapsulated enzymes, which help in fighting strong ferret odors.
- It nourishes the skin and also gets rid of the dirt, dust and pet smell.
- This shampoo has jojoba oil and aloe vera, which helps in leaving the coat of ferret shining after the bath.
- The price of this shampoo is quite affordable and lasts longer.
3. Marshall Pet Products Tea Tree Ferret Shampoo
Marshall is a popular brand among the pet owners due to their extensive range of pet products. This ferret shampoo has a unique formulation consisting of tea tree oil and spearmint. It is a pH-balanced formula and doesn’t irritate the skin. The all-natural ferret shampoo is also best suited for treating fleas and tick problems.
- It helps in treating fleas and ticks without stripping the essential body oils.
- The formulation is safe, gentle and effective for ferrets.
- Regular use of this shampoo leaves the coat of ferret soft and shiny.
- This shampoo also helps in controlling the odor and rejuvenates the ferret.
4. Begley’s Natural Pet Shampoo
Begley’s natural pet shampoo is also an excellent buy if you are searching for an affordable and effective alternative. This shampoo helps in cleaning and deodorizing your ferret. The specialty of this shampoo is that it is a waterless shampoo. It is also suitable for pets such as dogs, cats, rabbits, etc. All the ingredients are naturally derived and the fragrances are added by using essential oils. You just need to spray this shampoo to the coat of your ferret and wipe it with a dampened cloth. Using this shampoo is easy and also eradicates the smell.
- The formula helps in maintaining the pH balance for animals.
- The shampoo is quite mild and gentle and doesn’t irritate the eyes, nose, or skin of the ferrets.
- This shampoo has baking soda, which helps in neutralizing the pet odors.
- This tearless shampoo can be used for bathing the pets.
- The shampoo is available in many scents such as lavender, citrus, oatmeal, mango and tea trees. Choose the variant as per your preference.
5. Marshall Ferret Aloe Vera Shampoo
Marshall ferret shampoo has a blend of Aloe Vera and Eucalyptus. The formulation of the shampoo moisturizes the skin and also keeps it supple. It helps in giving your ferret a fresh and clean scent. This shampoo is one of the best options available in the market today.
- This shampoo doesn’t irritate the skin or cause the allergy.
- The formula contains a blend of aloe vera and eucalyptus, which keeps coat shiny and soft.
- It is a mild shampoo as it gently cleanses the skin and can be used to bathe ferrets.
- The formula is not teary, and it is also safe as it doesn’t lead to itching.
6. PPP Pet Ferret Fresh Deodorizing Shampoo
This pet ferret fresh shampoo is a non-drying and deodorizing shampoo. It has a fresh scent, which helps in keeping the typical pet smells away. It also has a unique deep cleaning formula to keep your pets. The shampoo makes the coat soft and it is easy to comb the fur and get rid of tangles.
- This shampoo has a pina colada fragrance, keeping the skin and coat smelling fresh.
- It makes it easy to comb out as it leaves the fur tangle-free.
- The formula is specially designed to fight malodors.
- It also helps in removing glandular excretions and musky odors of ferrets.
7. Petpost Ferret Shampoo
The last product on this list is Petpost ferret shampoo. It is a deodorizing shampoo that gets rids of all the bad smells from your pets. The shampoo is formulated using OdorLock technology that instead of covering up the bad smell, eradicates it. There are no harsh chemicals or bleach used in manufacturing these shampoos.
- The shampoo has natural safflower oil that aids in eliminating the stubborn odor without being too harsh on your ferrets.
- It also nourishes and moisturizes skin and coat of the ferrets.
- The brand uses naturally derived ingredients exclusively and also makes recyclable ways for packaging.
- Regular use of this shampoo is effective in keeping the ticks and fleas away and keep them clean.
- The shampoo comes with a 100% guarantee where you can ask for your money back if you don’t see any results or if your pet doesn’t like it.
How often do you bathe a ferret?
If you are a pet owner or are looking forward to buying a ferret, then you must know that there is a typical odor of ferrets. This odor is not bearable for a long time. Ferrets need minimal maintenance when it keeps to bathing or cleaning them.
It is often suggested that you should bathe your ferret at least once a month. Frequent baths are not suitable as it might strip off the natural body oils from the skin, which leads to dry skin. If your pet is dirty or has played outdoors more than usual, then a bath is recommended. Apart from it, one bathe a month keeps the coat and skin healthy and shiny. Also, it should be noted that shampoo with a lot of chemicals is not advisable for pets as it can cause allergies or irritation. Try to use a shampoo with natural ingredients and see your pet’s skin all healthy and glossy.
All the ferret shampoos are made to keep the skin and coat soft. Using any other human grade shampoo might strip the essential oils from their skin and can make their skin itchy or flaky. Go through the ingredients list and invest in a good shampoo to keep your little one’s coat healthy and glossy.