Let’s talk about bedding and litter for your pet rats. They are important factors that decide the kind of environment you assemble for them. It is necessary to keep the bedding and litter pellet different instead of using the same material for both.
Are you looking for the best litter box or trays for your pet rats? Then look no further because we have the perfect options for you to choose from. Read ahead to know everything that you need to know about litter pans inside your rat cage.
Litter and Bedding, why are they different?
As you may know, bedding is the place where the rats sleep, and litter is used for your rats to urinate and defecate. That’s why it is crucial to use different materials for each. This ensures that a healthy habitat is maintained inside the cage. Also, it is similarly important to consistently change the bedding and litter pellets so that the rat cage can remain clean for your rats and not turn toxic.
Best Litter for Rats
1. Kaytee Small Animal Potty Training Litter
The brand Kaytee provides customers with premium potty training litter for their small pets such as rabbits, ferrets, guinea pigs, and rats as well.
Rating: 4.3/5 stars
- This critter litter is specially formulated to be 99% dust free and super absorbent, making it the full proof sanitary solution for different spot training ferrets, rabbits, pet rats, and other small animals as well.
- The litter is made using 100% non-toxic bentonite and all-natural minerals, which ensures the safety of your little friends’ health.
- It can also absorb 10 times its weight in moisture on contact.
- This critter litter also helps to control your pet’s waste odor so that a healthy surrounding is maintained for them.
2. Lixit Corner Litter Pan Ferrets and Rabbits
Lixit Corporation is the world’s largest manufacturer of small animal watering and feeding device companies.
Rating: 4.4/5 stars
- The Lixit litter pan is perfect for small animals such as ferrets and rats.
- This litter pan will help you in keeping your pet’s cage clean and hygienic.
- It is a triangle-shaped litter pan that can perfectly fit in the corner of your pet’s cage.
- The pan is made using non-toxic, durable plastic and is available in a bright selection of colors like blue, green, and pink.
- It is very easy to clean, as well. You can simply fill the pan with hay for your pet to use, and when it is time to clean the dump, you can just raise the hay out of the pan.
3. Mkono Potty Trainer Corner Litter Box
Mkono is a leading manufacturer of animal products and other specialty products as well.
Rating: 4/5 stars
- The removable grid floor design keeps the mess away from your pet’s feet and keeps them clean.
- This litter box is specially made using premium quality plastic, which is durable, pet-safe, and has a non-stick surface for its easy maintenance.
- This ideal size pet litter box is suitable for small guinea pigs, baby rabbits, Chinchillas, and small rats.
- It comes with simple attached cage hooks and holes that are designed to hold the litter tray securely to the cage that prevents sliding.
- The tray features a pet-friendly, low-entry design, which makes it easy for your pet to get inside and use.
- The size of this litter tray is 9 ½ inches in length, 6 ½ inches in width, and 4 inches in height.
4. Kathson Bunny Litter Box
Kathson company has been specializing in pet products for over 5 years, and they provide a wide variety of products for rodents, reptiles, and other aquatic pets.
Rating: 4/5 stars
- This is a relatively small box that is suitable for small bunnies, guinea pigs, hamsters, Chinchillas, rats, and so on.
- The box is surrounded by a fence, which effectively prevents your pet from peeing outside and contaminating the cage.
- The meshes on the partition are of moderate size from which the pet poop can fall off easily, and the pet’s feet won’t get stuck on them either.
- The box is comfortable and easy to clean. When the toilet needs to be cleaned, you can simply separate the top board from the box and clean it with water.
5. Ware Manufacturing Critter Litter
Ware Manufacturing store is known for specialty pet products such as toys, cages, and more.
Rating: 3.6/5 stars
- Ware’s litter training kit comes with everything you need to effectively potty train your small pets.
- The kit contains a secretly attaching litter pan, litter sample, scoop, and a handy training guide.
- The pan is made using stain and odor resistant materials.
- The pan can conveniently be attached to any wire cage and locked into place so that it can prevent your pet from knocking itself over and creating a mess.
What to look for while buying a litter box for rats?
A few of the suggested litter pans are soft corn cob litters, crushed walnut shells, and cat litter products can be used as well. Litter boxes or pans are very effective for rats, especially because it is comparatively easy to train them to potty train. It is also a wellness concern for rats so that a hygienic and clean environment can be provided inside their cages by purchasing a separate litter box.
You can also make homemade litter boxes, but they are not recommended because homemade litter is not made while taking into consideration appropriate safety standards.
Which one is the best of all?
In our opinion, the best among all of the litter mentioned above boxes for your rats is the Kaytee’s Small Animal Potty Training Litter Box. Its features are superior to that of other brands with great ratings and customer reviews and recommendations. It is made using 100% non-toxic bentonite and is 99% dust-free; these two features are incredibly important for your pet rat’s safety and hygiene concerns.
So what are you waiting for now? I am sure you must be clear headed now which one to choose. So select your budget-friendly, durable and ideal match litter box for the rats. Stay tunes, we’ll be back soon.